Red Touch-Up Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Touch-Up Paint

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good touch-up paint to match the 1982 red gs650 paint. My bike is the exact color of the one on the Clymer's manual for that series.

The paint is in overall very good shape, but there are one or two nicks that I like to fix.

Thanks,

Terry

Re: Red Touch-Up Paint

For very small nicks and chips, try fingernail polish. Its a lacquer and will last as well as most anything else plus it comes in LOTS of colors in small bottles. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by 92G
    Does anyone have any suggestions on a good touch-up paint to match the 1982 red gs650 paint. My bike is the exact color of the one on the Clymer's manual for that series.

The paint is in overall very good shape, but there are one or two nicks that I like to fix.

Thanks,

Terry
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Excellent suggestion, Earl.

I have been using nail polish for years, even blending colours occasionally.

Recently, I found one that is a close match for my GK in charcoal metallic grey.

Also nice, it was at a discount store...I paid 50 cents a bottle.

Second use for it is on headlights..... stone chips can break right through the lens, and this automatically means replacement, but it can be usually be repaired with clear nail polish.

I have had it last on a headlight lens for years.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Re: Red Touch-Up Paint

Originally posted by earlfor
        For very small nicks and chips, try fingernail polish. Its a lacquer and will last as well as most anything else plus it comes in LOTS of colors in small bottles. Earl
        Sounds good, but my wife may think I'm getting in touch with my "femine side". 8O

That's kind of funny, because when my wife saw it here 1st instinct was to take her finger nail to it and try to scrath it off! I almost had to smack her hand. Chipped paint, what do you do??? Scratch on it, oh yea, that makes sense....

Terry

Comment

Be glad you need red polish...it's the most common one, so there is the largest variety in hues of all colours.

Remember that your paint has aged, and may be faded, so you want one that is as close as possible to your existing shade. This may is necessarily exactly the same as what came from the factory
          Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Honestly, this is a good suggestion, and I'm going to check it out.

But, it could be really funny. I can just imagine cruising the bike up to a make-up desk at Belk's or Dillard's and asking one of the nice gals in one of the white coats for some help.

Terry

Comment

Working...
            X