Cam Chain Tensioner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Chain Tensioner?

Are there any other tensioners that will work on my GS750? The reason I ask is the tensioner was missing along w/ the clutch mechanisim under the left side cover

What year 750 you have would help us a LOT?!!! Ray.

Comment

Hi,

I know APE makes aftermarket manual cam chain tensioners. Perhaps they make one for your bike.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Probably a bunch of us have a few kicking around taking up floor space.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

As Cliff mentioned there are aftermarket cam chain tensioners.......I'm more concerned that your clutch mechanism is under the left side cover.

That is, unless your referring to left as you stand, facing the front of the bike.

We refer parts and pieces...covers, cylinders, carbs, etc.... from left to right....as you're sitting on the bike.
          Larry D
          1980 GS450S
          1981 GS450S
          2003 Heritage Softtail

Comment

I have access to around five tensioners.
            What year? How many bolts and what pattern.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

My bad '78 GS750E and the clutch release lever and spring under my left foot under the starter........which reminds me, I also need the starter idle gear pin...............gimme just a sec and i'll find sumthin else

Chad

Comment

Originally posted by deville View Post
                My bad '78 GS750E and the clutch release lever and spring under my left foot under the starter........which reminds me, I also need the starter idle gear pin...............gimme just a sec and i'll find sumthin else

Chad
                If you haven't already we have a parts wanted section.
                I'd keep an eye on Ebay for these type of parts.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X