No announcement yet.

ignition switch and taillight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okyeah is around 7 and 2 o clock postion fully counter clockwise, have to lock steering before key will turn restof way and comeout, if steering isntlocked hten key isnt gonna come out tilit is locked then it turns a hair more then and then key comes out, try pushing key into switch while turnign switch, also.

Comment

its not the ignition part...its just how i'm doing it. both of my GS's do it.

i was just not sure where i have to have the handle bars.

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
        its not the ignition part...its just how i'm doing it. both of my GS's do it.

i was just not sure where i have to have the handle bars.
        allthe way turned, until it locks

Comment

hmmn...might be my drag handle bars causing the lock to not engage because they hit the tank. they might not be turning 'all the way' compared to the high rise handlebars.

i'll check it out.

~Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AOD
            hmmn...might be my drag handle bars causing the lock to not engage because they hit the tank. they might not be turning 'all the way' compared to the high rise handlebars.

i'll check it out.

~Adam
            true,yep, that just could be, i stillhave stock high risers, hmm

i just got back from a ride and i ran her a little more RPM than usual and she does shift a bit smoother and jump a bit more, i went up to around 5k or 5.2K on certain shifts, i like her alot! i feel little jolts on my forehead after this ride just now. heh, is that a good thing ?

i took her upto 55mph this time, fastest ive taken her thus far. i dont want to go over speed limit, not cuz its the law though..

seems like this time when i locker the steering the key came right out didnt turn any more after locking steering, hmm.. key is point about 8 and 2 o clock positions and steering is locked,.

interesting,

Comment

i told you it'd shift smoother and you'd have a grin on your face.

my 78 GS550 shifts like butter at 8000 RPM..its sexy smooth. i imagine my 79 is the same, but around here on the city'ish roads i dont hit 8000 RPM's much.

i get some country roads again in a few weeks. woohoo.

once you're more comfortable on the bike you will shift at higher RPM's. its quite a rush if you are ready for it...or not. banging shifts while you're hanging on is awesome. it just comes with riding time and trusting your bike.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
              X