Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork/Triple Interchange

Greetings All:

I've been working on a 77 GS750 for a while now, slowly collecting parts in hopes of making a fairly unique piece. The suspension was the bike's weak spot (IMO.) I've read a bit about interchanging forks and triples on several bikes, but have been told the early model 750 steering stem isn't as adaptable as later GS750 and GS1000.

I have a set of 82 750E triples, 81 750E forks and calipers that I'd like to use, do they fit without significant mods. I also have a complete 80 GS1000 front end if that is a better option.

Thanks,

GM

If your steering stem uses tapered bearings then odds are everything will fit.

Comment

how goes the 77 gs 750 project?

the reason I ask is because im doing the exact same thing.trying to find out what forks front end etc fit from other years .mine is actually a first year 76 gs 750 e from canada ...let me know ..im really curious to know how it turned out for you thanks .emmylou
      Last edited by Guest; 01-27-2006, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Great minds think alike-
        In my post from earlier today, I asked about removing the steering stem for machining from a GS 1100 to fit a 1977 GS 750. The lower bearings for a GS 750 are the same as the earlier GT 750, but different from all the later GS models. As of this time there are no responses about how to remove what looks like a retaining ring which keeps the stem from being pressed out. My local bearing supplier was not able to supply the correct size bearings as a drop in replacement to match the stock GS size race. If I cannot get the stem out to be turned down, I'll have to keep trying to find the correct bearing elsewhere. I would have bet a pound of Dinkin Donuts coffee that somebody here has the answers. I'll keep watching and being patient, but since this is so similar to my questions, I thought I'd chime in right away. The answers are out there somewhere...

Comment

Working...
        X