Tank mount tab broken off..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank mount tab broken off..

OK the rear mount tab on my tank is broken off..
    The whole tab came off. It's like the weld broke.

A friend recommended that I try silver soldering it back on.
    He uses a large iron made for radiator repair.

Has anyone tried this?

I have a 120W gun.. Think it would get it hot enough?

Torch is out for obvious reasons.. (boom!)

Fill the tank with water so it doesn't pop and brase the tab on. Or take it to someone who can do a proper weld Silver solder will break the first time you ride it. 120w may not be enough
    Last edited by Guest; 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM.

Comment

You could use a torch--empty the gas--fill it with water--leave the gas cap off--weld/solder--empty out the water--then pour a bottle or two of rubbing alcohol in the tank to dry out the water--no explosive danger--maybe a steam burn from the filler neck if you're not careful--just my 2 cents worth

Comment

You should NEVER fill a tank with water if you are welding. You want to use a non flammable inert gas. Your goal is to purge the tank of any air. If you doubt what I am saying look here

National suppliers of dry ice. Through our reliable network of over 40 dry ice distribution facilities located strategically throughout the United States and Ontario, Canada, we supply dry ice to all the major metro areas, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Miami, Phoenix, Boston and more.

Comment

Working...
        X