Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will this work on my bike? gs1000

If not why, or what will?

I was thinking that since L model forks are longer, I could put them on my bike and raise the tubes up through the trees and use clip ons. It probably will not work but I would like to know why.

If it would work has anyone done it?

You would have to insure the fork bottoms would not hit the triple clamp. It would be easier (and cheaper) to just put drag bar type handle bars on there.

Hap

Comment

clip-on bars

The only potential problem is that the bars might hit the gas tank when you turn from lock to lock

Comment

it will work the forks still travel same distance u adjust your clip-ons so they don't hit the tank i would be more worried about head butting the fork leg poking up through the triple clamp plus it would be UGLY AS SIN have riden gs1000 with clip-ons damm hard on the wrists and heavy to steer
        ozman

Comment

Originally posted by ozman
          it will work the forks still travel same distance u adjust your clip-ons so they don't hit the tank i would be more worried about head butting the fork leg poking up through the triple clamp plus it would be UGLY AS SIN have riden gs1000 with clip-ons damm hard on the wrists and heavy to steer
          ozman
          I guess you're siting your painfull wrist experiences on riding that magnificent Hone Monster Ozzie, tell you what, if it's no good give it to me, I'd hate to see you suffering, ha ha! :twisted:

Comment

Re: will this work on my bike? gs1000

Originally posted by djturnz
            If not why, or what will?

I was thinking that since L model forks are longer, I could put them on my bike and raise the tubes up through the trees and use clip ons. It probably will not work but I would like to know why.

If it would work has anyone done it?
            The forks on an "L" model are the leading axle design. Your forks mount directly over the axle. I think there is a good 1-2'' difference in how the axle holes would line up. The front wheel could end up 1-2'' farther out than designed for. Also, the length of the stock axle and how it would tighten down on an "L" set of forks would be something to consider. Seems like there could be more fit problems.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Don't mess with it. Leave it as is and get yourself a traditional cafe racer or a GSXR. I cringe when I hear of folks trying to make their bikes into something they weren't designed for.

Nick

Comment

Working...
              X