Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too

Originally posted by duaneage View Post
    Check out IRC Duotour 310 tires. They have them in every size for 17 inch wheels and are a decent tire. Midpriced too. I've been riding them for years and found them to be a decent all around tire that is good in the rain.
    DITTO! That's what I'm running on the 1100 and I really like them. They seem every bit as good as the GT501's to me.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Ok, I get it Bigger isn't better.
      Next question, I have in the past used price as my guideline. What should I look for in a nice 130/90H 17?
      Tom said get one that is stickier, who makes a nice stickie tire? I'll grant you I am normally the one with my tounge in my cheek, however this time I am being real. Who has had good luck with finding a cheap tire, that gave good preformace, what brand and where did you get it.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by duaneage
      Check out IRC Duotour 310 tires. They have them in every size for 17 inch wheels and are a decent tire. Midpriced too. I've been riding them for years and found them to be a decent all around tire that is good in the rain.

DITTO! That's what I'm running on the 1100 and I really like them. They seem every bit as good as the GT501's to me.

That's two endorsments for the IRC, Avon got a solid B+ what other tire would get a good rating from this forum?
      Thanks,
      Bill
      Last edited by Guest; 03-13-2010, 07:15 AM. Reason: cuz i'm a no spelling dork

Comment

That's two indorments for the IRC, Avon got a solid B+ what other tire would get a good rating from this forum?
        I would also look at the Shinko 712 and the Shinko 230 Tourmaster. The Pirelli RT66 are a decent tire also.

Comment

Hi,

A couple other perennial favs are the Pirelli Sport Demons, the Avon AM26 Roadriders, and Bridgestone Spitfire S-11. Use the search feature and you'll find lots of recommendations.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

shaft drives and tires

No one has mentioned the obvious regarding shaft drive bikes and tires.

If it is over sized it will foul the shaft. Game over!
            Johno

current rides 1981 GS1000G and 2005 GSX1400
            1977 Kawasaki KZ400 D4

previous bikes 1978 GS1000HC
            1977 GS400
            1974 Montesa 250
            1960s Kawasaki 175

Comment

Searching

Hi,
              Thanks for the straight talk about tires. Sure seemed the wider the better but NO. I've searched for a good price on a good tire. It looks like the Bridgestone Spitfire S-11 from Tires Unlimited is the best deal... free shipping!
              Has anyone had experience with Tire Unlimited?
              Thanks again for the directions,
              Bill

Comment

Working...
              X