Updating GS1000 front & rear suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating GS1000 front & rear suspension

What front/rear suspension updates does anybody recomend?
    I was going to use a GSXR750 front & rear end on a GS1000 (2V) bike, sort of an updated GS1000S, but my plans have been thwarted. See the post in general discussion. Anyway I'm going to have to start again from scratch, so I'm open to suggestions USD forks or normal - twin shock rear or mono - single sided rear?
    Has anybody else done this and what did they use? & why?

Hey Paul, if you're not gonna use those 41mm early GSXR750 forks with the the 70mm extensions, send them to me mate! :twisted:

Comment

Thats me problem - I don't have them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul
        Thats me problem - I don't have them anymore.
        Bugger! So they were pinched as well? Hey I've been told that Yamaha FJ1200 forks are the same length as ours, I'm looking for a set now as I don't want to lower my bike too much like a lot of bikes you see with late model forks and wheels.

I reckon they just look silly, and unless you're a short arse, serve no purpose than to ground pipes and engine cases on moderate bends, and pot holes. I guess Bandit or GSX1400 forks'd come close too? :twisted:

Comment

Hey Terry, I've got an early gsxr1100g/h front end on my bike. Doesn't look silly or ground anything out. Ever. It is an 18" wheel, although I don't know if 1/2" would make that much difference.

Comment

G'Day Martin, sorry, didn't mean to offend, I looked at the pic of your 7/11 again, and it looks great. I was talking about some of the ones I've seen with late model GSXR or RGV (now that'd be scary) forks with the engine headers almost dragging on the ground. I want to run 18 inch wheels as well, preferably off a GSXR1100K with the 3 spoke 18 inch wheels.

I tried the same when I had Paul's bike, got some GSXR750H forks but they were 70mm too short, so I got an engineer mate to make some screw in extensions from aircraft quality stainless steel.

Are yours the standard length? If so, I'll go look for a set, they should be fine for what I'm doing with my other GS1000. I've got a pair of nissin calipers as well, I don't suppose you've got a schematic diagram for those neat adapters do you?

Cheers mate :twisted:

Comment

My 1100 forks (standard length)could do with being 20-30mm longer, I'm thinking of getting a top yoke made with a 30mm offset. But I've been riding the bike like this for the last 10,000 miles with no problems. Stability is good, so maybe I won't bother.

The caliper brackets were made without drawings, so I can't help you there. Good aren't they? Should be for the money they cost!.

Comment

Working...
              X