wheel bearings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel bearings

where besides ronayers.com can I buy the wheel bearings for a `79 GS 1000E? The $8.48 they charge for front bearings is a little steep.

Any good bearing place will be able to look them up. Relatively standard items.

Comment

They have a list of wheel bearings for many years.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Agreed on the bearing shops. They can give you what you need.

Comment

I went to a friend that manages a local bearing supply house. He told me that all bearings are standard sizes. He looked at the numbers on mine, went to the back and came out with all the bearings I needed. Don't remember the cost, but it seems like around $25 for all the bearings for the front and back wheels. They worked just fine.

Terry

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Re: wheel bearings

Originally posted by DJones
              where besides ronayers.com can I buy the wheel bearings for a `79 GS 1000E? The $8.48 they charge for front bearings is a little steep.
              8.48 is steep for bearings ? i was thinkingtheyd be like at least 20 or 25 bucks, damn they cheeep ! then

for those of us likemyself who dont have bearing shops we are screwed and have to go online just like anything else motorcycle related, shops just dont exist... at all !
              this includes macomb western IL university and lincoln IL areas, around here,

imight buy new bearings and chain and sprockets all at once late this fall and replace themall for next spring run

good luck

Comment

Re: wheel bearings

Originally posted by fast68
                8.48 is steep for bearings ? i was thinkingtheyd be like at least 20 or 25 bucks, damn they cheeep ! then

for those of us likemyself who dont have bearing shops we are screwed and have to go online just like anything else motorcycle related, shops just dont exist... at all !
                this includes macomb western IL university and lincoln IL areas, around here,

imight buy new bearings and chain and sprockets all at once late this fall and replace themall for next spring run

good luck

These two bearing houses are less than 25 miles from you:

MOTION INDUSTRIES
                3761 SANGAMON AVENUE
                SPRINGFIELD , IL 62707 -9728
                Phone: (217) 523-8337
                Fax: (217) 523-8738

MOTION INDUSTRIES
                14015 CAROLE DRIVE
                P O BOX 1605
                BLOOMINGTON , IL 61704
                Phone: (309) 827-0436