Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150ES Question

I just recently installed a new front brake switch on my 1150es and
    there is the two wires that come off of the brake switch where do they plug into? I have two female open end wires hanging inside my fairing coming out of the wire harness just before it feeds into the head lamp. could that be where to plug these wires from the brake switch into? I don't have a manual and no access to the schematics of the wiring system. Hell I wouldn't even know how to read the schematics if I found one. When I realized my brake switch failed to light up my tail light is when I realized I didn't have any wires coming from my brake switch anymore. not sure what happened to them. hints the reason why I am not sure were they connct to on the bike.

Yep, those would be the wires.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Yesterday I diconnected the positive on the battery then proceeded to connect the two male end wires to the open female wires that were hanging inside my fairing by the headlamp that I mentioned. I reconnected the positive on the battery and turned the key on and began applying the front brake lever and I noticed the tail light was flicking a little then it seemed to work in conjunction with my squeezing the front brake lever, then all power seemed to go dead on the bike except the headlight. so I checked my fuse box and sure enough blow the signal fuze. So I took the positive off the battery again and disconnect the wires I connected and replaced all the fuses and turned the key and all power came back on. so I just left the wires from the brake light switch dangling inside my fairing for now. could the problem with burning the fuse be because I hooked up the wires wrong? I wanted to try and hook the two wires the other way and see if that might be the fix. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

No, there is only one way to connect them, you can't do it wrong.
        (It won't even matter if you switch the two wires.)

What you might want to check, however, is to follow the bundle of wires under the tank to see if they have rubbed a spot through the insulation and the bare wire is touching the frame.

By the way, it's commendable and cautious of you to remove the wires from the battery when playing with your connections, but it's not really necessary.
        sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
        X