electrics again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electrics again

I am trying to find some way to bypass the turnsignal relay unit, aparently it has gone bad and the only way to get the turn signals to work is to short through the unit, as far as I know. they want 150 dollars for a used unit.
    about the size of a cigarette pack with 10 wires male plugs coming out of.
    any help is appreciated....................................... .................................................. ..................................thanks ken............................................... ....

10 wires must be 78-79 model. The front and rear circuits are isolated throught the turn signal control unit. I have been looking on ebay and forum for a few months, hard to find item, bought one on ebay it was bad also. I am still trying to figure out the wiring. but if you connect the wires on the 4 wire plug (connect green/black to green)and (black to red/black)
    you can operate them manually. not very convient. still trying to figure the rest

Comment

It's not hard to re-wire the entire turn signal circuit. It is basically a loop with the circuit interrupted by a relay and a switch that provides ground to either left or right.

Comment

electrics

thanks for the info i'll give it a try...................................ken.........

Comment

Working...
        X