GS450L centerstand removal, is it ok ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450L centerstand removal, is it ok ?

can i removemy center stand offmy GS450L ? i never use it, and i figure its weight savingsandclunkiness elimination, will it comeoffwithout affecting anything onthe bike ?

thanks!

I dont see why not. mine was gone when I got it but there have been times I wish it was there.

Comment

the centrestand can be usefull when you're triying to fix your bike. checking and draining the oil should also be done on centrestand.

Comment

While I agree with the above, the centerstand can be quite handy and wouldn't remove mine, removing yours won't effect anything else on the bike. It doesn't serve a dual purpose such as a frame support or anything like that.
        Is the clunkiness you mentioned an actual noise (clunking) or something about the way it looks. The centerstand should be held tight against the frame by it's return spring, so if it is making noise (and that's the main complaint making you want to remove it) that can fixed.

Comment

i would discourage anyone from removing the centerstand. its been nice to have when working on things...and prevents the bike from being tipped over easy.

Comment

hoe hardisit to install if and when needed,such as oilchangesand wheelremovaland such ?
            mine didnt even put the bike high enough to do the rear brakes anyways, like like my rear tire is too tall for the stand,or something, so hmm..

actually my kickstand is what hits the exhaust and rests on the pipe, the rubber block is on the endofthe stand but it still hits the pipeand rests on it
            thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by fast68
              hoe hardisit to install if and when needed,such as oilchangesand wheelremovaland such ?
              Easy to put on and off if you do one thing before removing it...The spring can be a b*tch to get off and back on. Swing the centerstand in its' arc until the spring is stretched to its' greatest extent and hold it there. Take a hand full of pennies and push them in between the spring coils on opposite sides of the spring( you have to do both sides). Once you have as many pennies in there as you can put (it should be about 30 to 40 pennies) then allow the centerstand to go all the way up. The spring will be extended due to the pennies between the coils and should come off easily and should be easy to put back on. You can do this also when you are removing your sidestand.

Hap

Comment

Working...
              X