Season Four Starts Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Four Starts Tomorrow

I managed the day off tomorrow (well part of it anyway) and will be rolling the 650L out from the garrage to see how well it survived another winter.

Temps have been in the upper 40's to lower 60's for tha past few days (rain/snow predicted for the wekend) so it is D-Day for me tomorrow.

The AGM has been on the tender for the past week so we'll seeeeeeee what happens with a press of the button.

Wish me luck...

As requested, luck is wished.

Some day I might make it to season four.

Yeah, I got the Wing over four years ago, but it has never been parked more than a couple of weeks at a time,
    so I figure I'm still in season ONE.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well it shines. I had plenty of time to sparkle things, BUT...

Went to the wood shop (heated) to grab the AGM off the tender and put my volt meter to it. .10V after being on the tender from last fall, until January. Left it sit unattended and about a week ago, put it back on just to be sure. POOP!!! It is on the charger currently, so we'll see...

Comment

Hi,

Good luck!!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Just in time Dave. Suppose to snow tonight . You missed the one good day. I saw at least 20 bikes on my way home from work last night. Tonight I bet I see none......

Remember to be careful. Its a zoo out there....

Last edited by bonanzadave; 03-19-2010, 04:47 PM.
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
            Just in time Dave. Suppose to snow tonight . You missed the one good day. I saw at least 20 bikes on my way home from work last night. Tonight I bet I see none......

Remember to be careful. Its a zoo out there....

http://wcco.com/video?id=76669@wcco.dayport.com
            Yeah, it can be a little crazy. I avoid "the loop" whenever possible and usually just sneak through when on my way to Wisconsin to meet up with relatives for a day trip.

Out here, you have to be on the lookout for the "Blue Hairs / Q-Tips (white hair-white tennis shoes)", who can't see past the end of the hood on their Lincolns and surely don't look any farther down the road, prior to pulling out in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
              Yeah, it can be a little crazy. I avoid "the loop" whenever possible and usually just sneak through when on my way to Wisconsin to meet up with relatives for a day trip.

Out here, you have to be on the lookout for the "Blue Hairs / Q-Tips (white hair-white tennis shoes)", who can't see past the end of the hood on their Lincolns and surely don't look any farther down the road, prior to pulling out in front of you.
              Up here, ya gotta watch out for the spooked deer and the "citidiots" (a phrase my son's brother-in-law coined for a certain breed that migrates north on weekends) that are pulling travel trailers, boat trailers, atv trailers with 4-10 atvs, snowmobile trailers (any time of the year) and they figure that since they're in the country the only vehicle on the road belongs to them......

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                Up here, ya gotta watch out for the spooked deer and the "citidiots" (a phrase my son's brother-in-law coined for a certain breed that migrates north on weekends) that are pulling travel trailers, boat trailers, atv trailers with 4-10 atvs, snowmobile trailers (any time of the year) and they figure that since they're in the country the only vehicle on the road belongs to them......

Citidiots, I LIKE IT!

We're no stranger to them, as well!

HEY, on a VERY HAPPY NOTE...the Extreme AGM took the charge (13.2V static) and is in the bike AND found ity's way down the road and back for the first sprint of the year!

Can't say enough about the little concoction that I blend every fall. Took the air filter off and shot a little 2-stroke mix in the air box, set the petcock to PRI for about a minute, hit the button and BAM
                It fired right off and after a mintue or two, dropped the choke and was ready to go!

STABIL and Seafoam FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X