Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Regulator and Rectifier cost (77-79)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Regulator and Rectifier cost (77-79)

i'm doing a quick study on how much the regulator and seperate rectifier would cost me to replace from Suzuki and Electrix.

just curious how much the possible damage (cost) could be if i had to replace both in the future.

any info is appreciated, thanks.

~Adam

Electrex's regulator rectifyer is a one piece unit, while the Suzuki uses separate reg/rectifyer. The Electrex is simplier to install, better quality and backed by people who seem to care about whether or not you are satisfied unlike the high ups at Suzuki. The cost in my book is a no brainer. Go with the Electrex and don't look back!

Comment

Absolutely! The Electrex R/R cost me $110 back in 2000. It stopped my wiring connectors burning up and my battery no longer loses its water level in 2-3 months. I've got almost 4 years on my battery and it's still in excellent shape. I'm sure the Electrex R/R has more than paid for itself. I would'nt put the Suzuki R/R on my bike if it was free!
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

$20 for a honda combo reg/regulator. It would be possible to replace just the regulator also? The early GL1000 hondas used seperate reg and rect

Comment

It is only the earlier GSs that had the separate reg/rectifier (I have one!) Later ones were combined. I am still running the original rectifier, the regulator was replaced (15 years or so ago) with another Suzuki one from the wreckers.

Comment

I use a Honda 450 R/R on my GS 1000. I've had it for about 4 years, it has been GREAT!
            The part actually bolted right in.

Roman

Comment

Re: New Regulator and Rectifier cost (77-79)

Originally posted by AOD
              i'm doing a quick study on how much the regulator and seperate rectifier would cost me to replace from Suzuki and Electrix.

just curious how much the possible damage (cost) could be if i had to replace both in the future.

any info is appreciated, thanks.

~Adam
              I am doing the same this weekend on a 1977 gs550. I ordered them (stator & r/r) tuesday from electrex www.electrexusa.com and got them yesterday. Total cost w/ 2 day shipping was $290.00. Parts were in stock and i did not have to wait. I got tired of ambiguous results from troubleshooting with multimeter so i took the plunge for both and we'll see how much i've learned from this resource tomorow.......my laptop is definitely coming outside with me.

Comment

Working...
              X