Yes, size does matter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, size does matter....

Quick question - does anybody know off the top of their head (or from available microfiche) what the outside fork tube diameter is on an '83 750ED?

I want to grab some aftermarket clipons - I'm eying an aftermarket fairing, and it doesn't look like it will work with the height of the factory clip-on risers (not even with my 1" lower risers). There's plenty of tube coming through the triple at stock height for clip-ons, and I've been perusing Ebay - but I'm just not sure the size I need. I'd go out and put a tape on it, but want to be dead-on, and it's a bear reading over the spring retaining nut with a tape when clip-ons are sized to the millimeter - I don't have a vernier handy...

Thanks,

-Q!

37mm

Comment

The bars from a Honda 600F2 work just right. Thosr are what I had on the stock forks of my GS700.

Comment

Thanks, guys - back to Ebay...

Comment

Originally posted by Gary
          The bars from a Honda 600F2 work just right. Thosr are what I had on the stock forks of my GS700.
          Did you have to do any mods to get the F2 bars to work, shims, etc. ?

A source for new clip-ons..

Comment

Yeah - I was about to ask the same thing. MFR spec on the F2 is 41mm.

Do tell...

And Pro Flo makes some nice clip-ons, but all aftermarket clip-ons are too @$%# expensive - that's why I'm looking for a used set of OEM clipons - they're significantly cheaper on Ebay....

Comment

Check the Bits page here, http://www.discovolantemoto.com/. They have Tarozzis and some very reasonably priced Brit clip ons.

Comment

Did the bars quite awhile ago, they may be from a 600F1. Whatever, they are 37mm and give just about 1 inch of rise. No modifications.

Comment

Working...
                X