Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-Jetting an 83GS750es due to aftermarket POD install...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Jetting an 83GS750es due to aftermarket POD install...

Hey there all!
    My buddy is puttin in an engine into my bike, and I'm gonna use the Carbs off it too, same engine, 3 yrs older though ... runs nice... no 2nd gear issues as I've whine about with my old engine...

HOWEVER, we sorta figured that cuz I have a Hindle 4-1 pipe that I should just junk the stock airbox, and jam some cheap pods on there (as I can't afford the $280 Canadian it costs for a set of 4 new K&N filters...
    (in case anybody has some, I'm looking for the 53-54mm ones)

I have been told by the local shops that it would be hard finding the right size needles to make it run sweet...

Would anybody out there happen to have a spare / unused (or used?) set of needles for a POD / 4-1 Hindle setup?

thx in advance to anybody who gotz tha hookup :-)

Pods

I'd say if you haven't junked or removed the airbox yet, run the Hindle, raise stock needles with half mm washers bump up the main jets and richen air/fuel mixture screws until you can afford or find used the pod jet kit setup. Carter Turk
    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Or you could get the jet kit from https://secure.oc-net.com/ecomm/kn/jf2.cfm for $35. This includes an adjustable needle, main jets, and instructions for the initial settings.

Comment

you shouldn't need 'new' needles for the pod filter and exhaust conversion, but you will have to raise the needle on the carbs.

according to a rejetting guide i have: increase the main jet to a 135 and pilot jet to a 42.5

pod filters are cheap (Emgo brand) from http://www.crc2onlinecatalog.com/

enjoy.

Comment

Working...
        X