Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by car99r View Post
    Thank you!

I actually have about 30 bikes here and many of those are parts bikes. If I knew what years would work and how to make them work I might have one.

Know of a list anywhere or instuctions about the wiring differences?
    Hey, I recognize you from TCU. I can't be of much help but to answer your last question about a list of R/R from other bikes, check out this thread:

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

If you don't have any of those, then message duaneage for a honda one.

If you sell parts or provide services for GS series motorcycles, place a description of it in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post
      Hey, I recognize you from TCU. I can't be of much help but to answer your last question about a list of R/R from other bikes, check out this thread:

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

If you don't have any of those, then message duaneage for a honda one.

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=148739

Thanks Theo! I don't recognize the name but I do the bike in your sig!... SWEET!
      Last edited by Guest; 03-23-2010, 10:49 PM.

Comment

OK Guys, I am back with a lot more questions...lol

I picked up a Honda Regulator from Duaneage and it worked perfectly. No more blowing fuses.

However, I have no spark at all. I tested both coils and I am getting nothing but "OL" on secondary's. Seems odd taht both coils would be bad at the same time though? Next step was to test the Signal Generator. I cannot locate a test for the 82 GS550L but all test I did find said I should be 250-500 ohms. I am only getting 63.0-71.0 on both leads???

Any of this look familiar to anyone? What should be my next step? Replace the sig generator? I found one on ebay for $40.00 that is said to be good. Should I go ahead and buy coils or you think they are OK???

Anything else that could be bad instead? Like maybe bad ground somewhere causing the problem? (not likely since I disconnected everything to do the test when it failed)

Comment

UPDATE: I found a comment somewhere about removing plug caps to test secondary leads on coils. I did this and both test right at 15 ohm and primary is right at 5 ohm. I think my coils are fine.

Do you think I need to replace the Signal Generator?

Comment

Working...
          X