Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any benefit if oil pump of GS750 put into GS1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any benefit if oil pump of GS750 put into GS1100?

In some topic, it mentioned that it will get higher oil presure and flow if a oil pump with its gear of GS750 put into GS1100 engine?

Dose it true?

Could anyone give some adivse?

Addy Leung

Somebody correct me on this if it is wrong but I think it's not so much the pump as it is the gears.
    Believe the pumps are basically the same but the 750 has different gearing so the pump turns faster. Giving you more volume and somewhat higher pressure.
    There was a lot of disscussion about whether or not this was needed in a stock engine but haven't seen anything about it causing a problem. Seemed a fairly inexpensive safe guard to me.

Comment

Re: Any benefit if oil pump of GS750 put into GS1100?

Originally posted by Addy Leung
      In some topic, it mentioned that it will get higher oil presure and flow if a oil pump with its gear of GS750 put into GS1100 engine?

Dose it true?

Could anyone give some adivse?

Addy Leung
      Check the Old Q&A section searching for oil pump

Comment

Its just the gears and its a nut and bolt job. the gears themselves just slip on and off. that easy. they are behind the clutch basket. thats a bit of work. I think I read one of Haps and Franks posts saying the swap gives a 33% increase in volume. I did it about 2 years ago. I realized a 25% increase in horsepower after that.

Comment

what is the year of the GS750?

Slopoke and others,

Thanks for your words, it help a lot.
          Would please tell one thing more, what should be the the year of the GS750 that the gear belong to?

Thanks,

Addy Leung

Comment

They come out of the 4 valve 750 motor, 1980 to 1982.

Hap

Comment

Working...
            X