HELP. TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP. TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKIN

today i bought 2 sets of aftermarket mini blinkers. first i put the back ones on and everything was fine. when i put the front ones on they turn on but they dont blink and when i put the stock front ones back on they dont blink still. HELP

Check your flasher relay.

Comment

were is it

Comment

Up front under the tank, small rectangular relay box. Remove it and replace it with an automotive electronic flasher with the same amount of prongs that yours has. Go for the electronic it is a few bucks more but worth it in the long run.

8) Dr. Dre 8)

Comment

Re: HELP. TURN SIGNALS NOT WORKIN

Originally posted by ridemoto4life
          today i bought 2 sets of aftermarket mini blinkers. first i put the back ones on and everything was fine. when i put the front ones on they turn on but they dont blink and when i put the stock front ones back on they dont blink still. HELP
          I don't think it's the flasher. You said everything was fine until you touched the fronts. Flashers don't go bad because you change signals. You may have disturbed a poor connection somewhere. You may have crossed or grounded the wiring. Re-check your wiring and connections. And if you mean all 4 of the signals are not working now, check the turn signal fuse.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Are you testing the lights with the bike running, or with it off? My bike will not flash the blinkers when it's not running - they'll light up, but not blink. For me, it's corroded connections (and aftermarket lights) - but it's not much of an inconvenience now, as I'm stripping the bike down this winter.

If the new blinkers draw more current than the old ones, they may not blink when the bike's not running, or perhaps even if you're idling at a stop sign if you've got the high-beam and/or brake light on, as well. Try starting the bike and keeping the rpms over 1500 - or lay off the brakes and the highbeam to see if it helps.

Check the condition of your ground connections, and the draw of the new lights. Also, if they're dual-filament bulbs, you might have a filament burnt out. If one filament (or bulb, even) is burnt out, the flasher indicator will light up on the instrument cluster, but won't flash - indicating a problem with the circuit.

Hope this helps!

-Q!

Comment

electronic flasher would be a good idea. When you replace the turn signals you are changing the current flow thru the system and it may not
              react properly

Comment

Working...
              X