gs1100E wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100E wiring

looking for info on wirring diagram to find out where two grounds on my harness go to any help would greatly be taken THANKS

WHICH grounds you are referring to or PICTURES would be a LOT more help! Ray.

Comment

Also, what year GS1100E?
      We can help you friend, we just need a little more info...
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Ray don't you know which grounds The black wires on the harness

Comment

Originally posted by mudy851 View Post
          looking for info on wirring diagram to find out where two grounds on my harness go to any help would greatly be taken THANKS

Is everything working as it should? If so tuck em away and forget about it.
          If not then ground em and whatever aint working prolly will.

How bout that!
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

The two I know for sure on your bike will be
            One on the battery box
            The battery to the upper engine case.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

From memory, MOST GSs (and Ive recently been in the guts of TWO GS1100E wiring harnesses, an 82 and 83) have a ground in the headlamp (or really a couple of them for the turn signals) one attached to the bottom of the lower yoke clamp (also where the brake line splitter bolts up to) then further down the harness, one should go to your battery, and one should be bolted to the frame somewhere nearby. Really it doesnt matter WHERE you bolt them, so long at they are attached cleanly to the frame at some point and provide a good connection to ground. The motor ground is a LARGE BLACK wire that comes from the top of your trany half case to your battery. All black wires with a white stripe are ground. There are also a couple of black wires with white stripes that provide ground for the signals (which will not function propperly if they dont see ground) and for some models side stand reminder light (one wire is green with a white stripe, the other is black with a white stripe on the 82/83 1100E model, most other models too likely as Suzuki generally stuck with the same harness for most of their models) In the headlamp bucket, there will be a brown wire that terminates to nothing, as well as a ground that terminates to nothing. These are uses for suplementary power for accessories or other power requiring devices (such as a phone charger, mp3 player, etc) I cannot remember however, if they are switched power or not. Id assume they are, but I may be wrong.

Comment

harness grounds are black w/ white tracers.
                one is near the battery box area and i think the other is over the carbs or there abouts.

Comment

83 gs 1100 E

sorry fellows thats and 83 gs1100e what concerns me is the wires feeding out of the fuse block are overly warm is that normal

Comment

Working...
                  X