Too easy shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too easy shifting

On my '80 Gs1100ET it seems that I could shift up and down through the gears without using the clutch. Is this normal or is it indicative of a problem?

It's not recommended, but it is normal, won't hurt anything as long as there's no clunking or grinding, but again, it's not recommended

Comment

Re: Too easy shifting

It is normal to be able to shift through the gears without using the clutch.
      However, doing so is just begging for bent shift forks and the opportunity to tear down a transmission and see what all those "thingeys" do. :-) Not a good idea.....unless you want the practice :-) eh eh

Earl

Originally posted by thr3shold
      On my '80 Gs1100ET it seems that I could shift up and down through the gears without using the clutch. Is this normal or is it indicative of a problem?
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Shifting up is ok, when you get used to catching the "slack" in the transmission you get a really clean gearchange with minimum loss of power, but downshifting is asking for bent selector forks and broken dogs.
        Probably best to stick with the clutch.

Comment

Working...
        X