Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering a GS1100E

Slowpoke,
    It's a stock '83 GS1150 oil cooler complete with the original hose connections to ports on both sides of the oil filter cover plate. The original plugs were removed and the factory adaptor plugs for theat oil filter were installed to accept the oil hose threaded fittings.
    I don't have a temperature gauge but the coil should show some warmth when the crankcase is hot. Is the oil temperature gauge a factory add-on?

Comment

Lowering a GS1100E

Slowpoke,
      Whoa! Just reread your note and need to know what "shutoff cock" is there and where is it located? Do I remove it or just open or close it?

Comment

Re: Lowering a GS1100E

Originally posted by dobias
        Slowpoke,
        Whoa! Just reread your note and need to know what "shutoff ####" is there and where is it located? Do I remove it or just open or close it?
        SORRY IF I MISLEAD YOU--I INSTALLED A SHUT OFF IN THE LINE WHEN I ADDED THE OIL COOLER SO I COULD CONTROLL THE OIL FLOW--IT IS DEFINITELY NOT STANDARD-YOU WONT HAVE THAT ITEM

Comment

Re: Lowering a GS1100E

Originally posted by dobias
          Slowpoke,
          It's a stock '83 GS1150 oil cooler complete with the original hose connections to ports on both sides of the oil filter cover plate. The original plugs were removed and the factory adaptor plugs for theat oil filter were installed to accept the oil hose threaded fittings.
          I don't have a temperature gauge but the coil should show some warmth when the crankcase is hot. Is the oil temperature gauge a factory add-on?
          MY 1983 GS1100E COMES STOCK WITH A TEMPERATURE GUAGE FOR THE OIL
          NOW I WOULD BE TEMPTED TO DRAIN THE OIL AND REMOVE THE ENTIRE OIL COOLER AND LINES TO BE SURE IT IS FLOWING--THE SETUP THAT YOU HAVE SOUNDS OK--MAYBE SOMEONE WITH SOME FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE CAN TELL YOU IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO INCORRECTLY INSTALL THE HOSE CONNECTIONS THAT SCREW INTO THE BLOCK. I USED AN ADAPTER THAT GOES IN PLACE OF THE OIL FILTER COVER

Comment

Working...
          X