Starting Trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Trouble

I have a 1980 Gs 750, I tried to start it today, but when I pushed the start button it did nothing, not a buzz and none of the lights dimmed. Although the starter did spin when I jumped the starter solenoid with a screwdriver. I have also had the same problem with a 1979 550, another thing I noticed, I dont know if it's a linked, but the left turn signals work, but when I try the right ones the right rear lights up, but doesn't blink, and the front doesn't light up at all. I had the same problem with both bikes, any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks

The signals could just be a bum bulb. The starter button could be bad too, but before you simply chalk it off as busted. Take your headlamp apart (all the wiring for the switches and stuff is in the headlamp bucket) and check that all your connectors are both clean (if they're not, clean em up with some steel wool and use some dielectric grease on them) and connected properly... They're all colour matched, or connector matched so it should be pretty easy, but it would help to have a wiring diagram (found in the back of your shop manual) Good luck!!

Comment

Sounds like a bad ground. As stated by cafe.. check wiring connections as well as ground connections to the frame.

Comment

My brain needs an upgrade... "starting trouble" read to me a dust up was about to happen, like shafties are better than chains, etc... See even in here my mind is still the gutters.
        Bill

Comment

Working...
        X