unservicable startor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unservicable startor?

I would like to ask for some verification on my charging problems.

-I measured the AC voltage between the three phases from the stator. Two of them gave a reading of 65VAC at 5000rpm but one (yellow - green/white) was way under 20VAC. Idle voltage on the battery is 11.6VDC. Does this clearly state that the staor should be changed? Is it OK for the my local electric shop to recoil the stator?
    -What are chances that my reg/rect. is bad too? Wasn't there a test for it too?

Thanks!!!

Check out the Stator papers located on this site and all your questions should be answered, except the one about your local electric shop. If the shop can rewind motors they should be able to handle the stator, if not Electrex can supply you with one.

Comment

Re: unservicable startor?

Originally posted by PN
      I would like to ask for some verification on my charging problems.

-I measured the AC voltage between the three phases from the stator. Two of them gave a reading of 65VAC at 5000rpm but one (yellow - green/white) was way under 20VAC. Idle voltage on the battery is 11.6VDC. Does this clearly state that the staor should be changed? Is it OK for the my local electric shop to recoil the stator?
      -What are chances that my reg/rect. is bad too? Wasn't there a test for it too?

Thanks!!!
      If you are getting only 20 VAC between two of the phases at 5000 RPM you have a bad stator. :x The next question is if the regulator is bad also...I would be willing to bet that it is.

Hap

Comment

Hi,
        I was at a bike show and saw a shop offering to rewind stators to give a higher output if necessary. If you can get a regulator to handle the extra current you could get lots of lights for your bike too.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X