What pipes will fit????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What pipes will fit????

I have a 80 gs1000s and want new pipes someone told me that pipes (4into1) from a 80-83 gs 1100 will work with a custom made tail bracket.
    I work at a machine shop and the bracket is no problem. but I just wonder about frame clearance and how they will bolt up to the engine. I have the chance to get a good used one so I need a little info.

Denis Kirk lists some same pt#s for both depending on the manufacturer.
    Please Help.
    Any help is apriciated.
    Thanks
    Wally/nubie

I have original 4 into 2's but if you get a 4 into 1 sometimes you have to remove the set to change the oil filters. It might be wise to search out the manufacturer or call Dennis Kirk and ask them specifics about pipes you are interested in. At the price of these exhaust systems it pays to do your homework first.

Comment

Hindle?

I have someone with a hindle for cheap and would like to mount it if it fits. Dennis kirk has vance and hines and that pt# crosses over to the GS1000s and GS1100E and this is the swap I would be doing except for the pipe brand being different. but the hindle site has no info for bikes this old.

Any other Pipe experts?

Comment

The GS750/850/1000 4-into-1 exhausts are the same, except for the tail bracket you mentioned.
        I'm pretty sure that a GS1100 4-into-1 will fit your bike too. You might have to modify the brackets, but as far as I know, the pipe diameters are the same.

Comment

Working...
        X