Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

timing

hi all
    i have 1993 gs500e,and i have been looking in the search pages on timing, and i dont know if i have pionts or eletronice , are they located on the right side cover with the three bolts, if so it most be electronic be cause i can see 2magnatic pick ups, and if so how can i adjust the time on it,i dont see slotted holes? iam a good car mech, but dont know jack about bikes thanks

You have electronic, and if you don't have slots, you won't be able to adjust the timing without doing some modifications to the plate. Not sure if they made an adjustable one for that bike or not. You may be able to find an advance of 3 or 5 degrees somewhere too, not sure though.

Comment

your timing is all electrical, including the advance. you cannot adjust it.

the only aftermarket solution is a timing advancer, which adds about 5 degree's advance to the circuit. not advised on a stock bike.

~Adam

Comment

re

thanks for the info, its running bad, has a high rpm miss. it has sat for sometime now. i cleaned the tank, put a inline filter, and had the carbs cleaned, and it idles good now that thats done. but it starts popping at higher Rs. any suggestions? low volts? coil wire ?ect.

thanks

Comment

swap your plugs out for new ones, verify they're gapped properly.

have you done any exhaust or intake modifications to the engine? popping at high RPM's can be a lean or rich condition...slipped my mind at the moment

Comment

re

do you have the correct gap for the plugs? 1993 gs500e. sorry, but had to order the manual, wont be here for a week or too. thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
            X