Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Generic Clutch Cable to fit '84 GS1150EF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generic Clutch Cable to fit '84 GS1150EF?

My clutch cable snapped on me this morning, and I'm looking at a minimum 5 day wait to order one in. Does anybody know if there is a compatible jobber part i.e. any specific length or from another GS model?

Thks

gs clutch cable

gs1000 or 1980 or newer gs750 or gs1100 should work.

Comment

Bicycle brake cable.

The end fitting is about the same as your, and will drop right in. Keep and use your original cable sheath.

Bicycle cable is smaller and weaker, so it is not good for a long time, but it will do for the brief time you are waiting for an original.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

I don't know about the 1150, but at this time the clutch cable on my 84 GS1100GK is one off a 1979 GS850 I'd parted out. They are not the same part, but they can easily be exchanged. I've had this cable on my GK since July 2001. There's quite a bit of interchangeability here. I'll go out on a limb and say that most GS cables are indeed interchangeable.

Can anyone add to this, or come up with some model exceptions? I believe I have an extra GS850 cable in my garage that I'll be willing to sell you.

Nick

Comment

Re: Generic Clutch Cable to fit '84 GS1150EF?

The following bikes all use the same clutch cable.
          80-81 GS750 E
          GS1000 78-79
          GS1100 80-83
          GS1150 85-86

Earl

Originally posted by Fast Eddie
          My clutch cable snapped on me this morning, and I'm looking at a minimum 5 day wait to order one in. Does anybody know if there is a compatible jobber part i.e. any specific length or from another GS model?

Thks
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies. <Plug>I managed to find a local guy, (Advanced Motor Sports in Edmonton) who actually made an effort to get me the part in 1/2 a day, so he made the sale, not the big dealers that couldn't be bothered to do any better than a 5 day waiting period with cash up front.
            The only thing is, he could only find a part listed for an 83-84 GS1150 or an 85-86 GS1150, which is kind of odd, as far as I know there was no GS1150 in '83? I guessed and went with the 85-86 part and it is fine, although I would say MAYBE it's an inch too long? And it doesn't have the metal 'bend' in the sheath just after the clutch handle; either way, she's running nice and tight this morning.

Thanks again.

Comment

Cable

What you got is a cable for an E model. The 83/84 cable is for an ES

Comment

Mr. Fast Eddie,
                Where in Edmonton is this Advanced Motor Sports. Tell me more. I'm in the city of champions frequently, and I'm always looking for odds and ends for my bike. If someone goes out of their way for service, I'm one to support them again and again.

W1ngman

Comment

You can order a clutch cable from these guys....

CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse &#8230;

Comment

Working...
                  X