gS1150 pops on engine breaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gS1150 pops on engine breaking

My GS1150 runs like poop on Regular, in pings and splutters ...Premium gas seems to cure all of the problems.
    it still pops on engine breaking...isn t that due to air getting in through the rubber inlets between the carbs and the engine?

the plugs are the perfect tone of coffee brown

though I do have a slight problem with the bike running fluffy between 5000 and 6500 revs Any Ideas?

.....But Im sure that the carbs need balancing im fairly new to this machine, and dont know of the history, I bought it from a motorcycle brakers who was originly gonna sell it off for parts

Re: gS1150 pops on engine breaking

Originally posted by joe.d
    My GS1150 runs like poop on Regular, in pings and splutters ...Premium gas seems to cure all of the problems.
    it still pops on engine breaking...isn t that due to air getting in through the rubber inlets between the carbs and the engine?

the plugs are the perfect tone of coffee brown

though I do have a slight problem with the bike running fluffy between 5000 and 6500 revs Any Ideas?

.....But Im sure that the carbs need balancing im fairly new to this machine, and dont know of the history, I bought it from a motorcycle brakers who was originly gonna sell it off for parts
    Sound like the timing may be too far advanced. that will cause the pinging on reg gas ( wich i never run in mine) and the popping under de-acceleration. do you have stock ign. and how about the exhaust. If you are running a freeflowing 4 into one, it is common for them to pop under de-acceleration. also if its stock exhaust but the baffles have been drilled out.

Comment

Im running standard pipes and standard jeting.....on engine breaking it pops and fires out of the end of the headers before the stock silencers
      I know the carbs need balencing and Im gonna pay some one to sort that out imediately

Comment

Im running standard pipes and standard jeting.....on engine breaking it pops and fires out of the end of the headers before the stock silencers
        I know the carbs need balencing and Im gonna pay some one to sort that out imediately
        syncing the carbs is usually the cheapest most performance enhancing adjustment you can make . start there and then check your timing. It usually does not move but if it has been replaced it coud be out.

Comment

check for leak in exhaust pipes, also. :twisted:

Comment

do you mean it is keaking exhaust were the the front pipe meets the megaphone part?

Comment

when a friend of mine was following me....last night when it poped he saw flashes( flame) whatever between the downpipes and megaphone as you call it

Comment

Maybe time for new exhaust gaskets?

Comment

Ive found and solved the poping on engine braking
                  on the colector box thers a metal round gasket that had poped out between the muffler and down pipe
                  Sorted thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X