Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know the difference between 2 emblems at bikebandit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know the difference between 2 emblems at bikebandit?

I need 2 emblems for 1977 gs550 side frame covers.

My 77gs550 lost its second left side frame cover in 2 months (I had just got it as a replacement on Ebay... :x ). It fell off even though I replaced all of the mounting rubbers........ it was on there soo solid I could barely pull it off.......!??! Fell off on the Chicago 8/16 ride (thanks Adam/AOD for trying to save it before it fell off).........:x

Anyways, just won another replacement on Ebay (thank God for Ebay!) and this left side cover is solid but does not have the gs550 emblem and will need sanding and painting. I went to www.bikebandit.com to order 2 matching emblems for both frame covers as I intend on sanding and painting them both together so they actually match......but I have to search the site using the OEM replacement chart for the 80 model as they do not list anything for the 77 year (basically the gs550 is the same from 77-80 or 81 I think).

There are 2 emblems listed. One for spokes and one for mags (my 77 has spokes but this frame cover parts listing is for an 80 year). I can't see if there is any difference between the 2 from the low res. picture. See the following link:

Anybody know what the difference is between the 2 emblems? I don't want a gold emblem. Do I go with 68141-07010 or 68141-07020 ? Any ideas? Please help! I want to order them up and get my bike looking sharp again. Thanks

I think the "80" model emblem will be either GS 550 T, or GS 550 E. What you need would be GS 550. Not sure the last year for the GS 550, without a letter at the end

Comment

I bet I could trim them up using a dremel or something.......cut off the letter following the 550. I emailed bikebandit about getting the emblems for the 77 year. We'll see....I read other posts about how some people modified their emblems one way or another.

Comment

Check with Ron Ayers...they are normally a lot less expensive than Bike Bandit.

Hap

Comment

Check with www.oldkawman.com. He has many different parts for GS bikes and has photos of most.

Greg

Comment

Oldkawman and Ron Ayers are excellent sites but neither have them.......I emailed them both. I still have not heard back from bikebandit.... :x ...don't they want some more of my money?

Comment

I'm sure you have tried, but sometimes the dealer will fool you.

Comment

.......Ron Ayers said "sorry, but we don't carry parts for bikes over 20 years old......" ...............

Comment

Now bikebandit says that they can order the emblems but I have to find the orig part number for the side frame emblems for my 77gs550........ I told them I wanted to buy them but they don't have the number.......????? Aren't they the experts on this?

Where the heck can I find the OEM/orig. number? I am at a total loss after hours of searching. Do I have to buy one of those $20 disks for the microfilm for the computer to find a part number? Arrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x

Comment

There's a British internet shop that sells all kinds of Suzuki emblems: http://www.vjmc.com/nos.order.html
                    The GS550 is not listed on their site, but you might send them an email: admin@vjmc.com

Comment

Yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!! 8) !!!!!!!!
                      ......Thanks for all of the tips everybody. I must say that I was about to give up hope but rphillips was right on the money, the dealer was a big suprise. I called one with no luck at the start and gave up on em'. But after the suggestion, I checked another and bingo, they had the number I needed (no emblem in stock) and I punched it in at bikebandit and ronayers. Even though ronayers told me they do not cary parts more than 20 years old, it came right up and was about 15% cheaper than bikebandit.

Thanks to www.chicagocycle.com and thegsresources. Yeah!

1977 gs550 frame cover emblem part number 68141-47000 :mrgreen:

Comment

thread lock

when you get the new ones again use some thread lock on then covers to make sure you dont loose them again any auto store carrys it

Comment

Working...
                        X