Looking for aftermarket mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for aftermarket mufflers

Does anyone have an idea on aftermarket mufflers? I have a '80 GS850 with the stock 2 into 1 exhaust pipes, and would like to upgrade for performance reason and sound (mostly sound). Can I keep the stock headers and just add new mufflers?

Thanks
    Curt

You will not get a significant improvement by changing the mufflers, alone.

It would be necessary to re-jet and re-set the carbs.

At that p;oint, it depends on what you are seeking....if you are looking to double your power output, you will be disappointed.

We do not know the state of tune of your bike, so it could be off, and you could actually notice a very significant difference on your bike.

In general, presuming the engine was in fine tune before you changed anything, you might achieve a 5% improvement.

This is not a lot, and the cost would be fairly high for the result. These are not high performance engines....they were built for dependability and longevity. The 1100 series have more power, but both 850 and 1100 shafties have VERY solid engines.
    Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

shaftzuki has a set f aftermarket mufflers on his bike that look good and sound really nice. Look for one of their posts and contact them.

Comment

Thanks Billy!

Curt - If you decide to replace just the mufflers, let me know and I can walk you through it ... In the meantime you can check the following links (I hope they still work!!) 8)

Here's a link to a recent photo -

Comment

Working...
        X