Cylinder #2 isn't very hot ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder #2 isn't very hot ...

hey there ... just wanted to see wut ya'll think ...
    I was drivin home 2nite and felt the bike chugging at highway speeds ---> about 100km/h ...
    would feel a general lag... then a sudden sputter burst of power ... then normal for a bit.. then a sputter burst...

got home, and noticed that pipe #2 is NOWHERE near as hot as the other 3 ... any ideas yo?

I'm gonna check the plug colour ...
    I probly figure that I'll just put the 128 jets (stock 120) back in... as I'm running 130's right now, with 4 pod filters (cheapo kind, Not K&N)...

Thanks for any ideas ya'll can give me

Dave

JETS (AND SHARKS)

HI,

YOU SOUND LIKE MY KIND OF GUY. I WANT TO RE-JET MY CARBS AND CUT OFF MUFFLERS ON MY GS1100 (1980) .

I WONDERED WHAT JETS YOU USED AND HOW TO IDENTIFY THEM TO WHO I'D BUY THEM FROM ALSO WHAT FILTERS YOU USED TO ELIMINATE THE HIGH COST OF THE K&N ON FILTER PER CARB SET-UP.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MY BIKE WILL RUN IF I DO WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT??

THANKS

Comment

Carbs & Jets

well .. from what I've learned so far ... there doesnt seem to be an exact formula that I'm aware of for finding the right jet size right off the start ...
      generally... your manual should say what size the stock jets are, ... OR
      you could take the jets out yourself, and it should say the size right on the head of it... TEENY TINY #'s though (on mine).
      I have Mikuni Carbs ... not sure if thats the same brand that you would have on yours either ... but what I would suggest, is run the bike... get it warm... then just hit the kill switch and clutch ...and coast to a stop.
      Then pull the plugs, and check their colour ... if it's a lighter colour, towards white ... you probly need bigger jets, if it's rich and/or even wet at all, you may need have picked a size too big...
      if you're not sure about how to find the size, or take the carbs apart... just bring all 4 carbs into a dealer, they'll show ya real quick how to get 'em off... basicly you just unscrew the 4 float bowls at the bottom, and there should usually be the main jet right in the bottom ...

hope this helps!

Dave

Comment

thanks for the advise....... i think i'll take the carbs apart this weekend.

fred

Comment

let us know how it goes

Comment

Working...
          X