WONT START???WONT START!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WONT START???WONT START!!!!!

Although I own a CB750 DOHC I was hoping that I might find some help in this forum. I finally got the bike running this summer with some carb tuning and a little wiring work. But all of the sudden the thing jsut stoped starting. The starter seems to attempt to turn over the engine, doing so about a 1/4 rotation. Good news it turns engine. In doing so the starter whines after one try, instead of a steady chugg. I pulled the starter outand hooked it up to the battery...works fine...and the gear bearing seems ok ..no left to right movement. I have been directed towards the starter clutch, which fortunatly on this modle is relativly acessable. is this right...How should I go about diagnosing the problem and then how should I fix it......Thanks for the help the site is great....

It does sound like the starter clutch. You would have to remove the starter clutch parts and examine them for wear. You didn't say? Can you push start it?

Comment

Possibly a starter clutch. A factory shop manual, or a Clymer or Haynes manual should be a big help to you. They should show you all about getting to & what to look for on the problem. Check e-bay

Comment

Whether or not you can push-start would give you a solid base for trouble-shooting. If you can't push start, you'll know it probably isn't related to your starter or starter clutch.

Comment

Working...
        X