Cam specs - '80 vs. '83 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam specs - '80 vs. '83 GS1100E

Does anyone have the cam specs for both an '80 and '83 GS1100E for comparison? Are they the same cams?

I just checked a bunch of numbers for 80-83 1100s, as far as I can determine, they were all the same lobe height (in. 1.3642-1.3657, ex. 1.3528-1.35343) journal ODs are the same,I know the timing changed 82-83, but without actually checking the setups with a degree wheel not sure if they changed the cam itself or just the sprocket angle

Comment

Thanks, I was mainly interested in the lobe height. I'm doing some calculations on the rocker arm ratio. I have the lift for an '83 cam and I have measured the lobe height on mine. So, long story short, this helps a lot - thanks.

Comment

The ex. cam is different for the "83" model. It has more lift & duration than the earlier models ex. cam. I don't have the specs anymore, but I think on the "83" models the ex. cam specs. were almost the same as the in. cam specs., that didn't change form"80" thru "83". The change may have been in "82"

Comment

A magazine article I have states that " valve lift was increased for 1983, and intake valve timing was advanced by moving the cam sprocket holes."

Comment

Was that the exhaust valve? Any specifics?

Comment

Working...
            X