Cruise Control for GS850GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GK vista cruise

I have a single cable Vista Cruise on my 82 GK and I am extremely happy with it!After I got it installed and adjusted properly (about 10 mins) it has worked great ever since.This is the cheap (~$25 Can.) plastic lock,not the one that clamps to the bars.However, I do have foam grips that dont go over the lip of the throttle sleeve (there is a space in there)
    Steve`

Comment

Installing the universal vista-cruise

Well, I don't know if the Universal Vista-Cruise will fit your bikes but I assume that your handlebar set ups are very similar to my GS850G. The universal throttle lock actually mounts on the left side of the kill switch/starter box and has an extention arm that goes over the top of that box which bolts to a throttle lock which itself wraps around your throttle. You adjust a set screw on the top of the throttle lock to the point at which it applies enough pressure on the throttle when engaged that the throttle can not slowly roll off to nothing. It in stalls in just a few minutes ands works well, although I have had a continueing problem with the throttle slowly coming off. I think it is because I installed new grips which are very rubbery and plyable and they allow the plastic throttle underneath to slip. I am going to try a different grip which is more hard rubber and see if that helps.

All in all I believe that the universal Vista-Cruise should fit your bike. The arm that runs from the handlebar mounting bracket to the throttle lock itself can be moved around so it should not conflict with your access to the kill switch. Give it a try--I hope it works!

( I found mine on the internet at azmotorsports.com for about $32.00 )

Terry

Comment

Re: Installing the universal vista-cruise

Originally posted by Terry South
        I have had a continueing problem with the throttle slowly coming off. I think it is because I installed new grips which are very rubbery and plyable and they allow the plastic throttle underneath to slip.
        ( I found mine on the internet at azmotorsports.com for about $32.00 )

Terry
        Terry: It appears the problem is that you have the Vista-cruise mounted on your grip. It should be fitted directly on the throttle sleeve, between the grip and the kill switch box. Adjust it so that it just barely holds the throttle in position. That way, it does its job, and you can twist the grip to roll off the throttle without hesitation when necessary.
        Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

Universal throttle lock mount

You know, I looked at the throttle lock to see if I should have mounted it directly onto the plastic throttle sleeve and the instructions tell you to mount it over the grip, not on the throttle sleeve itself. Since I really like my new grips I think I will try it to see if it will work directly on the sleeve itself. That would certainly stop the slow throttle slipping that I am experiencing. Thanks,
          Terry

Comment

Any chance you guys can get some pics up for us to see the install? =)

Comment

Working...
            X