Here's an interesting one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an interesting one

Anyone know if I can take the tank off my bike and turn it upside down to replace the petcock gasket without all the fuel leaking out? Or do I need to drain the tank first. I know- can I stand it up with about a half a tank and take the petcock off?
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Sure ya can, just be careful to not tip it too far, as gas will run out the filler cap, don't do it by candlelight!!! You may just want to get a bucket and switch petcock to prime and drain the gas to avoid the hassle of trying to balance the tank with the gas in it though, makes life easier

Comment

Pretty good advice from a Jackass husband. Ok Dave I'm sorry for telling your wife that she has a jackass husband.
      Every time i read one of your posts you get even with me royally. YOU WIN SIR DAVID

Comment

Holy f#@k, can't we just all get along? Except for the Harley owners. Oh, and the Iraqis. Oh, yeah, and circus folk. I hate those circus people. And the bitches at the DMV, why do they have to be so nasty? Jeezus man, love your brother...

...until you need to shoot him!
        Currently bikeless
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
          Holy f#@k, can't we just all get along? Except for the Harley owners. Oh, and the Iraqis. Oh, yeah, and circus folk. I hate those circus people. And the bitches at the DMV, why do they have to be so nasty? Jeezus man, love your brother...

...until you need to shoot him!
          Jethro
          A couple of weeks back when Daves wife was in florida taking care of her sick mom, i called her on the phone. I dont remember how it came about but i called Dave her wacko husband. Dave has been punishing me ever since as i see it. I like and have a lot of respect for Dave. Even if he is a %$#$%$#

Comment

Ah, so it's a case of mutual name calling all in good fun. Right-o my good freinds! All is tickety-boo! I do hate me a circus folk something fierce though...
            Currently bikeless

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
              Pretty good advice from a Jackass husband. Ok Dave I'm sorry for telling your wife that she has a jackass husband.
              Every time i read one of your posts you get even with me royally. YOU WIN SIR DAVID

Sorry! I didn't mean it that way, I just thought it was damn funny I'll think of a new one

Comment

What I did

I have a wood work bench in the garage.. so I tacked a small piece of wood on the bench... about 6 or 7" from the back of the bench to keep the tank from slipping forward. Turned the tank on it's side with the valve facing me, and in the up position. Then rested it on the back of the bench. No leak's, and I had over half a tank.

Hope this helps.

John H

Comment

I have a wood work bench in the garage.. so I tacked a small piece of wood on the bench... about 6 or 7" from the back of the bench to keep the tank from slipping forward. Turned the tank on it's side with the valve facing me, and in the up position. Then rested it on the back of the bench. No leak's, and I had over half a tank.
                  Nice. This should be quick and easy then. I like this method the best.
                  Currently bikeless

Comment

Working...
                  X