Rubber bands anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rubber bands anyone???

I've seen posts and heard where you can take rubber bands or O-rings between the throttle and the pod to simulate cruise control. Anybody remember the post or know the technique? Thanks!!

I know you can buy one at Dennis Kirk for about 14 bucks.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Personally, I would never use anything that locks the throttle open. Be a man - twist it. 8)

Comment

Sounds dangerous to me!!

There is a set of handgrips available with a pad that hits the heel of your hand. I put a set on my 850 to try getting rid of the buzz that puts my hand to sleep. It doesn't work for that but you can just rest your palm on this grip rather than having to grip it constantly with you fingers and still have the motor return to idle when you let go. I, for one, have taken a few cruise controls off bikes I've owned. Just something about a piece of plastic having the control of my carbs that scares me. Bob

Comment

I'm not in favor of anything that locks the throttle open either. I live in the corridor for all going to Sturgis on all makes. I asked about it and they said it created enough tension to allow you to stretch your hand. Thanks for the laugh Swanny. Keeping the throttle open 2 hours a day about 300 days a year can make the hand tired. What's the saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger..."

Comment

Working...
          X