84 GS1150ES Chassis Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84 GS1150ES Chassis Upgrade

I am a new user looking for some feedback on modifying the 1150 chassis. I love the motor and the style, but cant stand the chassis PART ONE-I would like to replace the front end with something that will include a larger tire(18"), better brake setup (GSXR??), and raise the bars slightly. On the rear, a better mono-shock(any suggestions?) to improve handling, and save wear on the chain and sprockets. Thanks for any help.

I don't know anything about the rear shock, but would like to know if anyone has any ideas. I can't find new replacment units anywhere.

As for the front end, there's plenty of info in the performance mods section about front end swaps. A GSXR front end should bolt right up to your bike with very minor mods (including the upside-down models). You'd need the GSXR front end complete, though, with the wheel and calipers.

You can use a GSXR swingarm, too - but it's a bit of work including some welding and an offset counter sprocket shaft. But you'd be able to make the GSXR monoshock work as well, I'd imagine.

-Q!

Comment

Most mono-shocks off early 90's GSXR's fit, you do however need to have one with a ride height adjustment as the 1150 one is longer than the GSXR one.
      Go for a GSXR front end complete bars brakes and all, it will give you a 17" front wheel and a way better selection of tyres.
      Dink

Comment

1150 shock!

I found out recently that Hagon in the UK list a replacement shock for the GS 1150 / GSX 1100 EF, etc. Check out www.hagon-shocks.co.uk for application lists and prices.

I think they cost around 260 of Her Majesty's Pounds which seems like good value. I hope to buy one for my own bike over the winter, funds permitting.

Comment

Just replaced my mono shock. Works is the only co. I found that offered one. They don't keep them in stock, the build them as needed. About 4 different styles.

Comment

Working...
          X