front brake switch, missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front brake switch, missing

Does anyone know where I can get a front brake switch, for a 79 GS750E? I've looked but no luck. I'm in central pennsylvannia. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the whole switch missing or just the little pieces inside (a spring and a little contact)??

My dealer had a kit to fix that for $12 cdn. Probably get 'em cheaper online.

Satch

Comment

If you have the clutch switch on yours, it's the same as the front brake switch, so you can make the wires together at the clutch switch and use it for the brake

Comment

You can also replace it by a banjo bolt (M10x1.0) with built in pressure switch. Any bike shop can order it for you.

Comment

I got around that problem by swapping out the front master cylinder from a newer Katana. It's a better master cylinder, has a four-position adjustable brake lever, and uses a plunger-type contact switch. It's just a matter of crimping two plugs on your existing brake light wires and plugging them in.

Well, there is the part about draining your front brake lines and installing the new master cylinder...

Both of the switches (clutch and brake light) on my bike were in pretty poor shape. The brake switch was nearly corroded away. The Katana clutch switch is the same as the GS brake/clutch switch, so it's a good wrecking-yard option for replacment parts.

-Q!

Comment

Brake switch

This part is also availabel from any number of aftermarket suppiers. I have seen it in the Motovan and Tucker-Rocky catalogues for about $10 CDN

SV

Comment

Working...
            X