Gas Tank Size, '81 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Tank Size, '81 GS1100E

Does anybody know how many gallons the tank on an '81 GS110E holds?

I believe the spec says 5.2 gallons but I've never been able to put more than 4.8 gallons in mine.

Hap

Comment

Hmm...I havnt run it down to where I could get more than 3 gal in it, I was starting to wonder about the size, Im not one to let the guage get low, I have a hard time trusting the guage...Oh, and the best milage Ive been able to get out of it is 35, seemed a little low to me...Who knows...

Comment

I normally get 4.2 gallons in my 1980 1100E. I have been getting 34.5 on mine but I have the Vance and Hines megaphone header and the stage 1 jet kit.

Greg

Comment

I think 35 mpg is about right, believe it or not. Maybe a little low. I recently saw a comparison in another post between the CB1000 and the GS1100 for 1981. A big 7 page article or something. There was a spec page that listed approx. 210 miles for the range. That's almost exaclty what I get and it seems to work out to approx. 38 miles per gallon (if you don't include the reserve).
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
          X