Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheared bleed nipple in rear caliper

I need your help again..........

I approaching the end of rebuilding a GS850.

Ive sheared a bleed nipple off in the rear caliper what can I do? I guess these chunks of metal are mega expensive?

Thanks in advance

Mark

Mark - If you don't think you can remove what's left of the bleeder - check ebay, I see the entire rear and/or front brake sets for these bikes sell cheaply ...

Have you tried to remove the broken bleeder with an ez-out?? 8)

Comment

You should be able to remove it fairly easily, using a screw extractor. When you get it out, let me know and I will take one off of an old caliper that I have and send it to you.

Terry

Comment

soak it over night with a good penatrating oil. try useing a wire or any thing small to clean out the center, befor adding the oil. this way the oil can soak thru the hole in the bottom. then use a easy out to remove.

a good auto parts store should have the bleader in stock. take the a good one in for a match up. get a cap to put over all the bleader valves, this will help for the next time you need to blead the brakes. its shocking the stuff that gets in side that small space.

Comment

There are companies that extract other peoples misfortunes. Had that problem on a Fiat, took it to a "broken screw and stud extraction co". They took out all my broken extractors etc. How's that for an occupation? Oh, that was in So Cal where I guess they have a big need for this kinda thing. 8)

Comment

Working...
          X