GS Blinkers/Marker Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS Blinkers/Marker Lights

On these older GS bikes are the turn signals suppose to work as marker lights as well, or just blinkers? I noticed on my buddies Vulcan last night that his work as marker lights too, but it is 20 years newer. Mine are just blinkers.

Thanks
    Curt

I know that the early 80's models front signals also acted as running lights - not sure about yours, but I don't think so. 8)

Comment

I don't know what year Suzuki started using the front signals as running lights also. The front units on my 81 GS650 are turn signals only, however the the front lights on my 85 GS700 are running/turn even though the wiring diagram says turn only.

Comment

"80" GS 1100 E front turn signals only, "83" GS 1100 E front turn & markers.

Comment

My '82 1100 has both.

Comment

I just upgraded the front signals with turn / running lights. If you want to keep the stock look, K&S stocked these at one time, part # is 25-3105. I happened to find these on Ebay. The wiring was in place on my 83 GS750ED, the unused BROWN female pigtail is wired to the tail light ckt and is located behind the headlight assy. The RED lead is the running light filiment lead, which connects to the BROWN lead. There is only one of these, so the two RED leads need to connect to it.

Bob

83 GS750ED

Comment

1981 was the first year for running lights on the GS's

Comment

Working...
              X