Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I install a lowering kit (or should I)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I install a lowering kit (or should I)

Hi all,
    Does anyone know how to install a lowering kit and no short jokes.. ha ha
    I found a pair of lowering brackets on E-bay, the kit is new but there were no instructioins. I'm trying to lower my bike an inch or two so figured I'd try them. ALSO has anyone used a kit and how bad does it affect the ride.

PS: Has anyone figured out how to use the buttons when writing this message IE: the IMG button to insert an image of the lowering blocks?
    I dont see any help either in edit mode
    I can e-mail a photo
    Thanks,
    Stimpy

Stimpy

Never installed one but from what others in here have said if you lower the rear lower the front as well. The bike will handle better. If you are only looking to get your legs lower to the ground you may want to consider having your seat lowered instead. Might be easier. As for posting pictures the picture has to be already uploaded to a web site somewhere and then you link to that.

Comment

I did consider shaving the seat padding but after a few nice days and few hours of riding, and a sore butt, I think I'm keeping ALL the padding.
      Still looking for other options too.

Thanks,

Comment

Lowering blocks go where the shocks mount at their base and re position the lower end of the shock back a bit--not all bikes have the clearance to use lowering blocks

Comment

Thanks Poke,
          That should narrow it down.
          just jot my GS650GS back on the road after 12 years in traction (the bike, not me)

I'm with you, Live by my tools and 30,00 BTU's to assist my central AC.

Stimpy

Comment

Have you tried eating more? The increased weight should compress your shocks further. :-) :-)

Earl ( a random mind is a dangerous thing) :-)
            Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
            X