front sprocket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front sprocket

im about to chech my front sprocket-(suzuki gs 750 1979) but im not quite sure how much of the clutch i need to remove- thought it was enough to remove the the clutch cable and cover- but found out that wasnt enough- does anyone how much i must remove and is there something i beware of.

thanx

Hey zamra, Try that question again, why would you remove the clutch cover to check the front sprocket. Something to beware of is, don't pull the engine to change the spark plugs

Comment

Maybe there is some confusion between the lefthand-side cover (on the chain side) wich also holds the clutch actuation mechanism and the righthand-side clutch cover with the filling cap and sight hole. Wich one did you remove? the left one I hope!

Comment

My clutch actuation mechanism is on the right - is yours on the left?

Comment

Some are... Like the 450's. It has a pushrod that travels through the engine to the throwout...... Kinda weird....

Comment

My 2-valve 750's had it on the left, using the actuation rod through the engine. The current 1100 4-valve i have has it on top of the right clutch cover.

Comment

You learn something new every day - thanks.

Comment

On the 79 750, the actuator is on the left and the adjuster is on the left. The clutch plates are on the right side and rod goes through the case between them. (just like on the old CB350's :-) )

To answer the original question. You would remove the bolts holding the
                LEFT side/sprocket cover. The actuator mechanism is attached to the cover and slots over the pushrod, so no disassembly of the clutch actuator is needed. Just let the assembly hang by the clutch cable while you change the sprocket. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Swanny
                My clutch actuation mechanism is on the right - is yours on the left?
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thank you EARLFOR for the answer

Comment

"77" thru "79" Suzuki GS 750 2 valve Cly

Zamra, I have a Clymer manual for the 2 valve 750's, that I'll probably never use again. If you don't have a repair manual, and are in the U.S. or Canada, send me your name & address, and I'll send it to you, but you will owe me the shipping cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X