Now it will not start!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now it will not start!

This morning I was running the engine in order to warm it up to do an oil change. I had let it run for about 8 to 10 minutes when it died. This bike has been starting with a touch of the button and now it will not crank. In fact I almost ran the battery down trying. It will turn over and occasionally makes sounds like it will start but it never gets to it. I can't help but think it is the fuel system. I did pull the tank off earlier so I thought I had a crimp in the fuel line. I can't find one. I took the tank off again and put it to prime and fuel poured out normally.

Specifics:
    1982 GS650GL
    41,000 miles
    Has been running great. I put new switch gear and controls on it but it has run since.

Thank's for any help.
    Jim

Well I fixed it. It was the Vacuum tube. Clymers is really sketchy on the whole issue of that line. I simply reattached and it started right up. With a little help from my car battery.
    Jim

Comment

Oh sure! Go ahead and fix your own problems without letting us rip into it! :twisted:
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Keith,
        How rude of me! Sorry. You guys actually did help fix it. I did a search on "Vacuum tube" in the forum and found out that the vacuum line attaches to the #2 carb. I took the tank off and Attached it. Viola it started like a dream.
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X