What 16" or 17" rim will fit on 92 gsx1100g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What 16" or 17" rim will fit on 92 gsx1100g

I have an 18" on it and want to lower the bike down some and also get into a good common size tire. Will the rims of a gsxr fit OK.

Are you talking front or rear? If you are talking front you might be able to pull the fork tubes up in the triple clamps to lower the front end. Just make sure you have at least as much upper tube showing below the triple as the fork travel for your bike. If it's the rear the G is a shaftie so Gixxer wheels won't work.

Comment

Oop's This was for the front rim. I would like to get away from the 18" size wheel for most sport tires start at 17" and go down from their

Comment

You'll have mismatched rims but getting a Bandit or Gixxer wheel to fit shouldn't be too tough. Check to see if the calipers and rotors are the same.

Comment

Click on the thumbnails of this 1100. They've mounted a Gixxer front wheel. It's the straight spoke design so it's a fairly recent wheel. Your 310mm rotors should make using the '88-'90 wheels fairly easy since they used the 310mm rotors as well. After that I believe they went with 320mm rotors.

Comment

Working...
          X