headlight adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight adjustment

hey there everyone, how high do you guys ajust your headlights?

what are your methods?

It depends on make, model, and year of the bike, some have only a adjusting screw for adjusting left and right, you have to move the whole assembly to adjust up and down, while others have screws to adjust both up and down.
    typically the adjusting screws will be found on the trim ring.

Comment

Re: headlight adjustment

Originally posted by max in montreal

what are your methods?
      The last time I wished to check my aim, I typed "standards for aiming motorcycle headlamps (then headlights)" into a search engine. There was lots of advice and OEM standards laid out in simple language. Remember to aim while you or someone your weight sits on the bike.

Comment

Re: headlight adjustment

For right/left adjustment, I set it to center on my lane. For up and down(I do this at night) While riding, I turn on the high beam and push the nacelle up or down to find the max reach of the light. The I rotate it down a little bit until I get a good pattern density on the road ahead (usually a distance ahead appropriate for about 60 mph) Low beam is whatever the high beam setting results in.

Earl

Originally posted by max in montreal

what are your methods?
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Max, There is an article in the October issue of Motorcyclist magazine addressing headlight adjustment. I could mail you the article if you aren't able to find a copy.

Joe
          IBA# 24077
          '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
          '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
          '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

thanks guys, i was just wondering, because sometimes i think it is too high.

i just wanted some opinions.

Comment

Working...
            X