Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking fork seals again !!!!!grrrrrr.

:twisted:
    well, my 83 750e has had leaking fork seals all summer. i replaced them back in may to end up with them leaking, i think that was my own doing though since i may have damaged them when putting in the air. so, just this weekend i replaced them again and guess what, leaking again...both of them. i have replaced them with not suzuki seals, could that make the difference? could they be in backwards? if so, the lip of them that has the sort of double inside ridge or ring, should that be towards the top of the fork or to the bottom? what else couuld be wrong? the forks are in great shape since the bike has only 9000kms on it, no pitting burrs etc. what can i do for a quick fix or is there any?
    please help
    discouraged katt
    and no i am not stupid, have changed a lot of fork seals over the years on various bikes with no problems, what now though is my question.

I don't know if you put them in upside down, you may have? It's best to Get the original seals

Comment

Take a look in the product review section under "leak proof seals" as an alternative to the standard press fit ones. I ordered a set but havn't fitted them yet so I can't really vouch for them but they seem to have major advantages over the standard type. I'll post a note in there if the operation proves a success.

Comment

Did you also replace the bushes on the fork legs? If not there is your problem. The worn bushes would be allowing your fork legs to move around and stretch the seal hence the leak.
        Dink

Comment

Working...
        X