550 upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

550 upgrade question

In another post someone said they were machining their 550 case to fit 650 cylinders to it. Is it possible to do this for 750 cylinders, and what kind of stress would this put on the 550 bottom end, and the frame?
    Thanks,
    Billy

Just curious but wouldn't it be easier to just take the 650 engine and stick it in the 550 frame? would this work with the 750?

What are the benefits to the other method?

Satch

Comment

I believe the 650 is a shaft drive so I was under the impression that you couldn't put it in the chain driven 550 frame (at least not without alot more work, if at all.) Also, in previous posts I was told that the 550 frame is too small for any of the larger engines.

Back to my previous question, if 750 cylinders wouldn't fit would 700 cylinders? I didn't know until just a few minutes ago that there was a 700.

Comment

700 and 750 cylinders are the same. The only difference between the two motors were the crank, rods and pistons. The 700 pistons had more of a dome to raise compression due to the loss of stroke. Slightly different cam specs between the two motors also.

Comment

Working...
        X