Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MORE speedo Q's

HELP! 8O

I havent had a speedo for about 3 months and am starting to feel like I am REALLY pushing my luck. I NEED to get this fixed!

The speedo itself is good, so is the cable. I CANT get the front axel out of the wheel so I cant get the sender off to check / replace it. The original Haynes manual I have is NO help at all.

Has anyone used electronic speedo's on the GS? How do you wire one in?

Rake
    I have a speedometer problem because i changed the size of my front wheel- so i am always 10 mph off--i am thinking of using a paint brush tp fix it because i cant find stick on number that i can handle with my 50% numb left hand-- ( and 85% numb mind))
    My friend in Sweeden Pete hedmann((biker66) had given me some leads to electronic speedos and the problem that i found was they required so much jerry rigging to get the spacing for the sender correct--but they are supposed to work well and i lost the website for them maybe one of the gang knows it--I think they were made for high qualith bycycles--there was an article on how some BMW guys installed them--
    THATS ALL I REMEMBER--LET ME KNOW IF YOU COME UP WITH SOMETHING RAKE--I WOULD LIKE A BETTER SPEEDO ALSO

Comment

CHeck with www.autometer.com or your local HD (uck) dealer for info on elect speedo. a little pricey.

Comment

OUCH! Pricy is right!

19361 $320.50 120 MPH Electronic Speedometer with Trip Odometer, White Dial 5"

But it would sure do the job!

Comment

Originally posted by Rake Pierce
          OUCH! Pricy is right!

19361 $320.50 120 MPH Electronic Speedometer with Trip Odometer, White Dial 5"

But it would sure do the job!
          IM GOING BACK TO THE PAINT BRUSH IDEA 8O --RAKE HAVE SOMEONE CLOCK YOU WHILE IN HIGH GEAR AND PUT SMALL MARKS ON YOUR TACKOMETER---WHEN YOU GET TO BE AN OLD GOAT LITTLE THINGS LIKE THAT SEEM MORE ACCPTABLE

Comment

Working...
          X