Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

valve timing?

can someone tell me how to reset my valve timing to zero

Not sure what you mean by that. Could you elaborate a bit?

Do you want to find TDC?

Comment

Have you pulled the cams for any reason? Are you asking how to set valve timing back to stock?

Hap

Comment

yea hap that, valve timing to stock, i pulled the cams to change the head gasket

Comment

You need to find someone that has a manual for your bike that can give you the procedure. There are notches in the end of the cams that face each other at TDC on 1 & 4. There are arrows with numbers that face straight up at that point and a certain number of cam chain pins you have to count between the two gears with the arrows pointing at the pins.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Ricks
            You need to find someone that has a manual for your bike that can give you the procedure. There are notches in the end of the cams that face each other at TDC on 1 & 4. There are arrows with numbers that face straight up at that point and a certain number of cam chain pins you have to count between the two gears with the arrows pointing at the pins.
            Once again, Billy nailed it. See if some one has a manual and can scan the needed pages. The notches are found on the 1100 also but the number of links will probably be different due to cam spacing and chain size.

Hap

Comment

Working...
            X